Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thumbs, Run, and Mud!

If I don't feed Brielle right away or get her up from her nap as soon as she is awake, I usually find her in this position...I hope it doesn't last.




On Saturday, two of my sisters and I ran a 10k. We all did well. I averaged an 8 minute mile pace, much faster than I expected at this point in the game. It feels good to be getting back to normal.

Rain or shine Brian and Nathan were determined to hit some mountain trails with their four wheelers. As we entered the canyon it started to rain. The girls stayed in the vehicles with the babies while the guys set up camp. Fortunately Brian's mom sent us with these garbage bags...the perfect rain gear.



Sara and I watched the dudes at work, first they got the kids in their rain gear, then made a blazing fire, then climbed the trees and hung up a tarp for some shelter. We ate lunch and relaxed by the fire without getting wet. After lunch, the rain and snow stopped and the boys went out four wheeling. We ended up with mud everywhere! In the end we were all tired, muddy and happy for the good times.

5 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

Congratulations, Loreen said you came in second! Sounds like you have been having fun! see you in a few weeks.

Jessica said...

good for you karen! You did great on your race :-)

Cindy Anderson said...

According to the Gunnison Valley News, you were 1st in the ladies division! I can't believe you did that after having a baby 3 months ago! WOW!

Preeces said...

That pic with her thumb is adorable! Sorry, never got back to ya the other day. Craziness! Love and miss ya, m.

Ben and Michelle said...

Great Job running the 10K. Ben and I were in Utah last week and hung out with Courtney and Jill. Jill told us about Brian and Courtney's man date :) It sounds like you guys are doing really well.