Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brian's Side

Brian told me the other day that if I wanted to get comments on our blog I should write about him (he is right our blog gets way more comments when it is about him). I decided to blog about Brian's side of the room which is always a disaster. This is what it looks like today. My favorite parts are: the top of his dresser is covered in receipts and other papers (most of which just need to be put in the trash), there are a couple of coolers that have not been put away since hunting (mid September),and if you look closely there is a box of stuff from the move that he hasn't unpacked.

Those of you who are thinking that I am a slacker by not at least taking care of the laundry I understand. After four years of doing Brian's laundry wrong he asked me not to do it for him anymore, so he is now in charge of his own clothes.

By the way here is what my side of the room looks like.



If any of you would to see more of B's skills they are displayed rather nicely in his car. YIKES!

12 comments:

Shae said...

LOL...the sad thing is that *my* side of the room looks like Brian's, and Nate's side of the room looks like yours! :)

The Gardner's said...

I love it! I remember having a conversation about this while visiting teaching. While Ricky's side isn't as bad as Brian's, we have some of the same piles around the house!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

To make you feel better I'm leaving a comment on all the other post's I'm reading today. I just haven't been on in a while so missed out.
Brody is just like that. I am constantly cleaning up after him. He used to sleep by the door but I moved him to the window side, so you don't see it right when you walk in the room

Nanette said...

Hi Karen... It must be a Sorensen thing. . . my dad's side of the room looks exactly the same. Laundry, papers, boxes, etc. . . Good Luck with it!

Vanessa said...

That's so funny! We have the same situation at our house, only MINE is the messy side of the bed!

Jill said...

I must say that I would never doubt your laundry skills. You gave me a great lesson my freshman year and it has served me well! I figured that laundry was clean, and you had dumped it there so your husband would finally decide it was time to put away his clothes and do at least 1/4 of the chore he voluteered for. . . oh, wait. . . that's what my husband's pile is for!
P.S. e-mail me your new address

Brian and Becky said...

Oh man, Brian's side looks really familiar! Must be a same-name thing. Or a guy thing. Ok, and I think it's seriously HILARIOUS that Brian won't let you do his laundry! HA! (Not becasue I think you do laundry badly)

Sorensen Family said...

ok, I'm not buying this. It looks a little "staged" to me.
T.

Brian and Becky said...

I would just like to clear something up, my side of the room would look like B's given the chance that Becky would allow me to decorate it with such character. However, as it stands, Becky's bedroom is "her sanctuary" and I just get to sleep there. Therefore I don't really have a side to decorate with clothing or other items that are carefully chosen in order to add to the bedroom's feng shui. Further, I'm sure that there are many wives out there who wish that their husbands would not allow them to do their laundry. Thanks for the laugh!

Brian

Ben and Michelle said...

Wow, that would drive me crazy!!! That's awesome that you don't have to do his laundry anymore....good for you.

Sorensen Family said...

he must be related to his dad and grandma! :)

Mari said...

Karen,
That is SO funny! Good I wasn't eating or drinking as I think I would have choked as I burst out laughing.
Love your puppy and horse, too. Life seems full and full of wonder for your family!