Sunday, April 11, 2010

Setting the Record Straight

Well, this is a first for me. I have never done this blogging stuff, but due to erroneous reports and malicious attacks against my character, I feel it necessary to set the record straight (kind of like Joseph Smith had to do).
First of all, I love my family very much. I understand everyone has weaknesses and strengths. I don't believe in exploiting someone's weaknesses (or perceived weaknesses) online. Karen has known we have been in desperate need of a horse trailer for quite some time. We have a horse (that was given to us) and no way to transport the animal. I had been looking at used trailers for quite a while, but Karen would throw a hissy every time I brought the subject up. I didn't know what to do. I found a great deal on a trailer while Karen was out and about and just went for it. I didn't dare consult with her because she would most likely cause bodily harm (her words, not mine). To make a long story short, I encourage Karen to get what she needs and wants whenever she needs to. She has wanted carpet. I have told her repeatedly to get it. She won't. I think she does this so she can hold it over my head whenever I want something. Thanks for listening, A confused and abused husband.

10 comments:

Collette said...

So Brent wants to know if this means that your truck won't be for sale anytime soon.

Rob said...

Joseph Smith had a horse trailer?!?

Shirece said...

Sounds like a therapy session should be the next major purchase!!!

Ben and Michelle said...

You are hilarious B!

LuAnn Sorensen said...

B you sound like a cry baby!

Matt and Lisa said...

I think think your guys' last three posts have the been the funniest posts I have ever read. I will definitely give you that award. I don't know if I haver ever laughed so hard at a post. Some people may judge you for putting this out on the internet but I think you've just summed up 90% or more of all people's relationships-whether or not they'll admit it!! I LOVE it!!!

Brian and Becky said...

Holy cow, I take back my comment from the last post, THIS is officially the funniest post I've ever read in my life!!! How about next time we're out there we trade some therapy for some dental work? :)

Brian and Becky said...

Karen, I have to agree with Brian on this one. First of all, you asked him to put more thought into his gift purchase this year, which appears like he did. Maybe the Horse trailer wasn't exactly what you wanted, but you might also think of it as positive reinforcement for Brian as he thoughtfully and carefully made the purchase (thinking only of your family's needs). Also, if you were less oppositional to the idea of a trailer, Brian likely would not have been so anxious to included you. I mean, at least he didn't get you a coconut covered cake, a bike, lizard, horse, or whatever else you didn't want. Now, go out there and purchase yourselves some new carpet, kiss, and make-up. :) Brian O.

sorensens said...

Brian O,
Let's be clear that B totally exaggerated the truth in this blog. And if you want to take his side you should know that B bought the horse trailer before the grinder so there is no possibility of positive reinforcement more like I am in deep (you know what) how can I get out of it.
Also we have (had)a plan for the trailer and carpet which he completely ignored. And to clear the record we are friends again and are not fighting over this (if that was the case there would be no blogging at least no PG rate blogging :).

Alder said...

LOL