Sunday, August 10, 2008

WE DON'T PLAY WITH OUR POOP!!!


Doesn't he look so nice, calm and sweet? Don't be fooled! Tanner has turned into a crazy man. Here is a list of some of his latest accomplishments.
1. colored on mutiple doors, walls, and furuniture
2. found some pens and decorate my couch with ink
3. got into my make-up... two full lipsticks and two eyeliners later you can imagine the mess
4. started drinking milk out of his sippy cup then spitting it out on a chair, (or his bed the second time) and then smearing it all over. He used about 2/3 of a sippy cup of milk before I caught him both times.
So all through this I have told myself he is just two and curious. I even considered myself lucky because he wasn't playing with his poo like some kids do.....So today he was in his room playing away nicely I heard toys out so I wasn't too worried. He played for about five minutes and I decided to check on him, by the smell in the room I knew something was up. As I started what I thought was a pretty typical bum change I noticed some markings on his leg. At this point Brian was called in for back up. Upon further investigation we found traces on his hands and in his carpet. Apparently poo is yucky. Should you still want to take a taste, just go ahead and wipe your hands off on the carpet. Once this is done be sure to continue to play with your toys like nothing has happened. The lesson he learned "we don't play with out poop". Also he now knows that poop actually does taste yucky.
Fun times. So after this I have two questions.
1. What should I expect next?
2. How long does this phase last?

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh... and how exciting that you're having another one! (Congrats by the way)

emilyy said...

He is a BOY so I hate to tell you but this "phase" will most likely last forever. He is so cute though :) (Ethan does that spitting milk thing, it drives me carzy.)

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

He is still cute. From an outsiders view the poop thing is pretty funny. Baylor has not done that yet, but I'm sure it will come in due time. Also, conrats on the pregnancy!!

Sorensen Family said...

My twin and I were being bad so our mom sent us to our room. We were two as well and were curious as to how things work. We painted our walls a lovely poo brown and showed our mom that you never leave two two year olds alone no matter what! Hopefully he does not do it any more.

Bethany said...

Never a dull moment. Just when you think you can take a deep breath... don't be fooled!

The Francis Family said...

Hey girl, it's Mindy, Marci's sis. Just wait, Kar soon you will be do the wash and find a big black ball of something, all the while thinking it's black played dough, from the day before, and start playing with it yourself. That is...until you realize it's a ball of sh$# and start gagging. It's even better with two. Congrats on that babes. We are excited for you.

The Gardner's said...

I am sorry about the poop! Hopefully it was only a one time thing! Keep your fingers crossed!
Congrats on the new addition coming to your family! I can't believe you were pregnant and didn't tell me. I guess I didn't tell you either though.
I really miss having someone to run with. Have you found anyone yet?

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Tanner has the most innocent looking face! THere is no way that he could ever do ALL THAT!? Of course I too have a 2 year old, and I totally go through all that you do in a day...minus the poop thing thank goodness! :)