Wednesday, October 29, 2008

B is Ready for Halloween

We spent our day Monday in the mountains getting more wood. As the last tree fell Brian took off in the opposite direction as fast as his little white legs would take him. Unfortunately he ran into a live standing tree. (I am told he hit a branch that was sticking out and that "you would run fast too if you heard that tree coming down"). Being the manly man that he is we were still able to finish the load.

This is gross I know but here is what it looked like before he cleaned it all up.


After he cleaned it all up he decided that he needed stitches. Silly me suggested he go to the Urgent Care. What I didn't remember was that he took a class in facial something something reconstruction and therefore was qualified to do it on his own. He headed out to the office and came back within 30 minutes with these really nice looking stitches (I know scary).

The morals of the story: 1. Watch out for standing trees 2.Apparently a DDS is pretty much qualified to do anything in the medical field (Right?).

P.S. Please feel free to blow up the picture of him chopping wood so that you can closely examine it and then be thoroughly impressed with the size of the tree, and Brian's manliness. Apparently the picture I took and posted doesn't quit give it justice.

7 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

Ok, that is both scary and really funny. So, is he gonna go as Frankenstein for Halloween now?

Melanie said...

Seriously? He gave himself those stiches? I don't think I could ever have been a dentist... I like that laughing gas too much. And, I'm pretty sure they frown on using it for recreational purposes.

Kofa High Sports Medicine said...

I'm impressed! I would totally do my own stitches if I had the materials to do it! That's bad ass! Sorry, there's no other way to describe it!

Bethany said...

I read this and was totally cracking up. This is exactly something my husband would do!

Shae said...

Wow! Crazy...but very impressive with his "stitchery" work.

Sorensen Family said...

Real "Manly" to run into a stationary tree like a frightened girl. I don't know if I would let someone like that near my mouth. I hope you have a big scare to remind you of that weak moment.

Collette said...

For some reason I'm not surprised that you stitched it up yourself. Nice work.