Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not That Mom

Going through my baby stuff to get ready for this little guy I came across a magazine titled "Games to Play With Your Baby". I feel like I do a very poor job of this with all of my kids so in an effort to change I decided to read it. As I am going through the different games I see some that look nice and then some that I know will never happen. Upon closer reading I read the instructions to "In a high pitched voice say _____ to your baby." This was instructed with several games. Really do I really have to talk even more goofy to my baby than what comes natural? You know we all do it, why I don't know but I think the extra effort is not necessary.

Now my confession, after becoming more educated at what I can do to play with my baby I probably won't change. I probably should. But I just can't see myself putting fun objects and the end of the hall for me and my crawling baby to race to while saying "Stop" and then "Go" down the hall. That is just not me. What I can see is me playing fetch with my kids (when they pretend to be dogs) and throwing the ball they are fetching as far away as possible so it takes longer for them to retrieve. I know I know I am that kind of mom. Maybe the baby will like to play fetch. And maybe my kids will turn out after all because really I am just not that kind of mom.




Finally I think all is ready for this boy he should be here any day now. If only I could get Brian to settle on a name for more than two days at a time we would have him named. Of course if I would just agree to Butch or some such nonsense that would be his name, but again I am just not that kind of mom.

2 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

Yay, I'm so excited to see a new blog post! I agree about the baby games, utter nonsense. And if playing those games makes me a "good" mom, then I'm perfectly happy to be bad! Can't wait to see pics of Butch Sorensen soon! :)

Cindy Anderson said...

Keep blogging, Karen! It's always fun to read your posts.